Volunteer Recognition: Beyond the Pins, Plaques, and Parties
Research shows that there is a disconnect between what volunteers are seeking in terms of recognition and what organizations are providing. That’s why it’s important to rethink volunteer recognition and consider how your organization can align recognition efforts more closely with what actually motivates volunteers.
We are excited to share a free resource with you, Beyond Pins, Plaques and Parties: A Volunteer Recognition eToolkit, created by our background screening partner, Verified Volunteers. With this eToolkit your organization will learn how to:
- Set the stage for meaningful recognition
- Tailor recognition to motivational styles
- Develop and plan strategies to effectively recognize volunteers for their annual and ongoing efforts
- Assess your organization’s culture of appreciation
- Define what you want your culture of appreciation to look like